Butter Pecan Pound Cake Recipe — A super simple to make cake that is packed with flavor your tastebuds are going to want more and more!
A super simple to make cake that is packed with flavor your tastebuds are going to want more and more!
I made this recipe for my hubby who loved butter pecan flavored things, I made homemade custard to go over it like the British do. WOW. Custard can make a whole world of differemnce. Certainly better than ice cream.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 piece: 424 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.