- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, thawed if frozen (I used 21-25 per pound size, which was good for this recipe. Buy pre-peeled shrimp or peel them when they have thawed.)
- 2 T olive oil (or butter, cook carefully if you use all butter, as the small bit of olive oil helps keep the butter from burning)
- 1 T butter
- 2 T finely minced garlic
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T lemon zest (or a little less if you’re not that fond of lemon zest)
- sea salt to taste (I did not use much salt)
- If using frozen shrimp thaw them over night in the refrigerator. Drain shrimp and pat dry.
- Zest one large lemon and then squeeze the juice, to yield at least 2 T juice and close to 1 T lemon zest. Finely mince garlic cloves to make 2 T minced garlic.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat and then melt the butter, using a large heavy pan. (I used a pan that was nice enough to serve the shrimp from, which helps keep them hot.) Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook just until they start to turn pink at the edges, not more than 1-2 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over quickly and add the minced garlic. Continue to cook until shrimp are barely firm, probably not more than 3-4 minutes more. (Don’t overcook; the shrimp will continue to cook a little in the hot pan.)
- Turn off heat and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt as desired and stir to coat shrimp. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (recipe is 4 servings)
Weight Watchers Points
CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE READING… >