- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces frozen sweet corn
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Heat up the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Fry the chopped bacon until crispy. Then remove it with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add in the potatoes and frozen corn. Fry in the remaining bacon fat for 1 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes with the lid on until the potatoes are cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low, then stir in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Use a hand-held blender and puree the soup but only until about half the ingredients are pureed. The soup should be a bit chunky.
- Serve with parsley and the bacon crumbled on top.
CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE READING… >