This Grilled Cheese with Gouda, Roasted Mushrooms and Onions recipe takes grilled cheese sandwiches to a new level of goodness.
A great classic grilled cheese sandwich is hard to beat. A grilled cheese sandwich jacked up with Gouda cheese and roasted mushrooms and onions? Well, that’s a grilled cheese sandwich that is even harder to beat.
I could go on and waste your time rambling on about how so wonderfully scrumptious this Grilled Cheese with Gouda, Roasted Mushrooms and Onionssandwich was that it didn’t even make it to the table. No joking. But I’d rather just tell you to get you some bread, gouda, mushrooms and onions, and get to it.
It’s really that good. Really.
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small onion, sliced
– 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
– 1/4 cup white wine or broth
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
– 1 cup fontina or gruyere, shredded
– 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
– 4 slices bread
– 2 tablespoon butter
OPEN NEXT TO GET FULL RECIPE…