- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway or fennel seeds
- 1 large sweet-tart apple, such as Braeburn, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups drained sauerkraut, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in caraway (or fennel) seeds and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add apple and wine; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until most of the wine has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sausage, sauerkraut, vinegar, mustard and pepper.
- Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch (or similar 3-quart) baking dish.
- Toss potato slices with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, butter and salt in a bowl until coated.
- Cover the sauerkraut mixture with tightly overlapping potato slices.
- Bake the casserole until the potato edges start to get crispy, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
7 g fat
3 g sat
36 g carbohydrates
0 g total sugars
9 g protein
5 g fiber
SmartPoints value : 8
CLICK NEXT TO CONTINUE…