The vast majority of almost every women is to paint their nails. But, do you know that the nail polish contains chemical components that are toxic and can cause damage to the body, not only superficially, but internally in our body.So if you want to know how nail polish can affect your body, you should continue reading this information.
A recent study has found that many of the most popular nail polish brands are far more harmful than they appear.
The researchers tested 24 women who painted their nails to detect signs of chemical toxins in their body. They found toxins in each of them. The causant? The nail polish.
The results showed that 100% of the participants showed signs of triphenyl phosphate only 10 hours after the application of the nail polish.
In a follow-up study, the same researchers tested ten different nail polishes and found that 8 of them contained this chemical. In addition, 2 of the nail polishes that tested positive for triphenyl phosphate did not indicate on the label containing this chemical compound. This could mean that up to 20% of the nail polishes that are on sale contain a dangerous chemical that does not appear in its list of ingredients.
WHAT IS TRIPHENYL PHOSPHATE?
One of the major concerns about triphenylphosphate is that it disrupts the endocrine system of humans. It can affect hormone regulation, metabolism, reproduction and development.
This is especially harmful for girls who use nail polish regularly, since healthy hormonal development is an essential part of their growth. However, triphenyl phosphate poses a serious risk to the health of anyone who exposed to it.
It is also known to be:
- Endocrine toxin
- Reproductive Toxin
- Irritant to skin
OTHER HAZARDOUS NAIL POLISH COMPOUNDS
Formaldehyde is a well-known carcinogen that can dissolve in water and air. Exposure to this chemical can also produce symptoms such as clinging, asthma, and shortness of breath. Those with chronic diseases are especially susceptible to formaldehyde poisoning.
This chemical is known to prevent development in children, however, some scientists found traces of it in breast milk. In addition, it can be irritating to the skin after exposure.